The domestic dog is a member of the genus Canis, which forms part of the wolf-like canids, and is the most widely abundant terrestrial carnivore.
1. They can read our emotions—if we're happy sad or angry.
2. They prefer new toys to old toys.
3. For dogs, yawns are contagious.
4. Oxytocin spikes in both species when dogs and humans share a mutual gaze.
5. Dogs feel jealousy.
6. Dogs know when people are lying.
7. Dogs can “smell” cancer.
8. Dogs align with magnetic fields when going to the bathroom.
9. Dogs are awesome stress-busters in the workplace.
10. Dogs avoid people who are mean to their people.
11. Dogs are calmed by classical music.
12. Dogs prefer to earn their treats.
13. Dogs would rather you pet them instead of praise them.